1. 9. “The Big Short” Adam McKay plays it for comedy, but as he carpet-bombs the screen with laughs, he makes it clear that his take on the 2008 economic meltdown is a staggering American tragedy.
3. Managers are expected to manage the people below them on the corporate hierarchy, but the best managers also have ways of managing their superiors and coworkers on behalf of their team. Many times this means effective communication, managing expectations, and requesting help in a timely manner。
6. There has also always been a certain fluidity to this concept of whiteness. Irish and Italian immigrants to the United States, and Jews in Britain, were once seen as separate from the white national majority, and are now generally considered part of it, benefiting from racial privilege. At the same time, Jews’ white skin did not protect them from being cast as outsiders by some of Mr. Trump’s supporters who have circulated anti-Semitic memes on social media.
2. adj. 狂妄的，自大的
4. Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hangzhou, Wuhan and Nanjing have been ranked as the top five cities for opportunity in China, according to a report jointly launched by PricewaterhouseCoopers and the China Development Research Foundation.
5. In early 2005, Stone and her co-founders Elisa Camahort Page and Jory Des Jardins noticed that there were countless women blogging, but mainstream media rarely linked to their posts. The trio decided to host a grassroots conference that year and attracted sponsors like Google and Yahoo. It quickly sold out and soon after, they launched BlogHer.com. The publishing platform turned blogging into a lucrative business for many women -- it paid $25 million to 5,000 of its bloggers between 2009 and 2012 -- and now reaches an audience of 92 million.
6. 朱克斯提醒，我们今朝正处于第四次超等大泡沫之中，它是美联储在守旧经济学鼓起以来的30年时间里吹起来的。他将这个泡沫称为“临时没有名字的泡沫”(Bubble With No Name Yet)。好，各人来给这个新泡沫定名吧。但不管你叫它什么，都要快点起名，因为它顿时就要爆了，就像已往30年相继破灭的亚洲泡沫、互联网泡沫和信贷泡沫一样。
1. For the first time in six years, a new challenger has topped the FT’s ranking of executive MBA programmes.
2. May the bright and festive glow of New Year candle warm the days all the year through. Hoping you will have a wonderful time enjoying New Year that is happy in every way.愿豁亮喜庆的新年烛光暖和一年中的每个日日夜夜，祝你欢欢欣喜度新年！
4. “An employee bragged to all his colleagues that it was his last day, but failed to let his boss or the HR manager know.”
6. Emma Thompson, a two-time winner for Howards End and Sense and Sensibility, famously keeps hers in the loo: “They look far too outré anywhere else. They’re great big, gold, shiny things.” She’s not alone – Susan Sarandon, Lionel Richie and Sean Connery all claim to keep their golden fellas alongside their bidets and baths.